When an Artwork changes hands, it's always a special moment for both buyer and seller. And we are here to support you.
What do I need to know?
An Online Sale Process takes place each time an art lover purchases an artwork online through our payment gateways.
It means that ArtWe act as intermediary between buyer and seller.
It does not affect direct sales made between Buyer & Seller.
It's more secure in many ways:
- Artwe holds the buyer's funds until the sale is successful
- If a problem occurs and the sale doesn't take place, ArtWe refunds the buyer immediately
- When the delivery is made, ArtWe transfers the funds to the seller
So neither party has to worry about money on delivery day.
About the Delivery
- ArtWe helps to co-ordinate the delivery, but it remains the responsibility of the buyer & seller
- They must choose their delivery option (we are talking local scale)
- Depending on the chosen delivery option, small delivery fees may apply (usually not since we operate on a local scale). If this is the case, delivery fees will be payable directly to the deliverer on delivery day
- This is the only moment where buyer & seller will have a direct contact
A simple Table summarising the process. Better than a thousand words.
An Art Lover has completed a purchase online.
The Seller confirms the sale and provides a bunch of information in order to prepare the delivery. ArtWe coordinates everything.
|ArtWe holds the funds|
The Seller cancels the sale (artwork is no longer available). The sale is canceled.
|ArtWe refunds the Buyer|
The Delivery was a success, Buyer & Seller confirm the end of the Sale Process.
|ArtWe transfers the funds to the Seller|
Buyer & Seller did not manage to arrange the delivery. The sale is canceled.
|ArtWe refunds the Buyer|
Art Lovers can also pay for the "ArtWe Guarantee", meaning that they can receive the artwork and change their minds about the sale within 5 days.
When a Buyer opts for this, transfer of funds to the Seller is postponed for 5 days after the artwork is delivered (buyer's retraction period).
To activate the guarantee a buyer must:
- Fill out the Guarantee Activation Form
- Return the artwork to the artist
Upon Artist reception, ArtWe will fully refund the Buyer ("ArtWe Guarantee" is not refundable in case of return | It is only refundable in case of sale cancelation before the delivery). If any claims arise due to a delivery or a return, our Terms & Conditions will apply.If you have a question, feel free to Contact Us
What payment methods are available?
ArtWe offers 2 secure payment methods:
- Credit Card (with STRIPE)
Is there a commission on the Sale?
- From the Artists' perspective: NO.
- From the Buyers' perspective: IT DEPENDS.
Anytime a Buyer decides to use ArtWe as Sale Intermediary, a commission of 15% of the artwork's price is applied.
If they prefer to make their own deal by contacting the seller directly, there is no commission.
Deal is broken, how can I get refunded?
It's quite simple, you fill out the Sale Cancelation Form and we will: (1) cancel the sale (2) refund your account through the payment method that you used when you purchased the work. It usually takes around 3 working days.
I paid for the ArtWe Guarantee, how do I use it?
Fill out the Guarantee Activation Form within 5 days of the date the artwork was received and we will: (1) cancel the sale (2) refund your account through the payment method that you used when you purchased the work. It usually takes around 3 working days. Please note that the Guarantee is only valid for the 5 day retraction period.
There are delivery fees, how do I pay them?
Depending on the chosen delivery option, small delivery fees can apply (usually not since we operate on a local scale). However, should there be delivery fees they must be paid directly to the deliverer when the delivery is received or sent.
When does ArtWe transfer the funds to the Seller?
Once the artwork is delivered, ArtWe transfers the funds to the seller within 48 hours. If the Buyer opted for the "ArtWe Guarantee", the transfer takes places after 5 days.
I want to make a claim, what do I do?
Notify ArtWe at email@example.com, we will get back to you as soon as possible.